Who would have thought that the first lady of the United States of America would have her very own credit card declined? After visiting the royalty of Spain, King Juan Carlos and Queen Sophia, the first family (together with their daughter Sasha) went to relax at the gorgeous city of Marbella. While the first lady was about to settle a $95,000 worth of Hotel bills (covering all their expenses as well as the estimated 70 individuals who were with them at Spain, the motorcade expenses and the air fare), her credit card was declined leaving the first lady with no choice but to write a check from the social security account of America. Embarrassed by the situation, she was questioned how did her very own credit card was turned down.
With this kind of condition of affairs, this can happen to anyone. Some of the common causes of declined credit cards are:
- The entered pin number or digit number is incorrect, which is commonly the mistake of most card holders.
- Incorrect billing numbers or contact information.
- A number of credit card companies will refuse to acknowledge international charges.
- The remaining funds in your card seem to be insufficient for a specific bill to be settled.
- To prevent fraud, other companies repudiate credit cards because of various numbers of acquisitions made in a short period of time.
- Technical problems related to processing updates of a credit card transaction.
- The credit card company or the bank itself is having technical problems when it comes to settling your bill or transactions.
- Inaccurate expiration number of the card itself.
If credit card users are still clueless of what might have been the reason of the card being refused, feel free to inquire at your card company.
The stated possible reason of declined credit cards above is only a few of what a card holder might come across whenever using their cards. Many of these companies are just being cautious of what their customers might encounter. Various errors and technical problems are simple to resolve especially when a card user will inquire promptly to their respective bank or Card Company. Usually, declined credit cards are settled in manner wherein the card user uses other modes or payment or immediately contacts his or her bank or card company. Like the first lady of United States, declined credit cards can happen to anybody. So be cautious and report scammers to authorities.