A new gas rewards credit card from Speedway convenience stores will let customers pay for gas and use rewards points with one swipe, instead of juggling both a payment card and a rewards card.
Speedway and First Bankcard, a division of First National Bank of Omaha, have teamed up to offer the Speedy Rewards MasterCard. The card will have rewards integrated into it, with both bar codes and magnetic stripes on the back. The Speedy Rewards membership card information is contained in the bar code, making a second card unnecessary.
When customers use the Speedy Rewards MasterCard to pay for their fuel and merchandise, they’ll earn rewards points for every dollar they spend. Purchases at Speedway earn 50 points per dollar. But people can use the card anywhere that MasterCard is accepted, not just at Speedway. All non-Speedway purchases earn 10 points per dollar spent.
Special sign-up bonus offer
New Speedy Rewards MasterCard customers will earn 25,000 bonus points if they spend at least $500 on the card in the first three months they have it. The $500 can be spent anywhere, not just at Speedway. However, if folks do spend $500 at Speedway, that would add up to25,000 points in addition to the 25,000 bonus points, for a grand total of 50,000 reward points.
Those 50,000 points can be redeemed for anything from a cup of coffee at Speedway (1,000 points) to a Vanilla Visa prepaid card (a $25 card costs 29,500 points). Other rewards include:
- At Speedway convenience stores:
- Fountain drink, tea, or Speedy Freeze—1,000 points
- Speedy cookie or Brownie Bite—1,000 points
- Nachos or a slice of pizza—1,350 points
- $10 Speedy Cash Food & Merchandise card (redeemable at Speedway only)—7,900 points
- $100 Speedy Cash Food & Merchandise card (redeemable at Speedway only)—75,000 points
- $15 iTunes or Starbucks gift card—16,500 points
- $25 Amazon or Barnes & Noble gift card—27,500 points
- $25 iTunes or Macy’s gift card—27,500 points
- $50 Amazon or iTunes gift card—55,000 points
- $50 Vanilla Visa prepaid card—59,000 points
- $100 Vanilla Visa prepaid card—118,000 points
Speedway is the second-largest company-owned and operated convenience store chain in the U.S. and has over 27,000 stores in 23 states. To find a Speedway location or apply for a Speedy Rewards MasterCard, go to speedway.com.