Credit card lets you purchase product and service without actually having to pay for it. Travelling with credit card is a smart way to ensure you have a good and peaceful holiday. Credit cards are designed to bring you convenience at any place and at any point of time. It helps you carry our financial transaction at lower cost. It uses favorable exchange rates and other benefits that make it so popular among people who travel abroad.
Advantages of travelling with credit cards
- If you plan to travel abroad you must carry your credit card. You must carry credit cards that are widely accepted like Visa or MasterCard. You may also carry two credit cards to be in safe side. If one is damaged, maxed out or lost you can use the other credit card. Most of the companies usually charge 2 to 3% fees for international purchases. This fee is charged to account for currency conversion. You will be relieved to know that the fees charged are less as compared to exchanging dollars or cashing travelers’ cheque.
- Be a smart traveler! You must at all times keep your credit card to yourself and make sure that it is charged in your presence. At times international purchases are blocked due to security reasons. You can always call up the credit card office and ensure that they remove the block. In case you lose your credit card you can call up the 24 x 7 days working customer care that will help you block the card.
- There is a limit of cash that you are allowed to carry. When you carry a credit card you defy any such limit.
- You do not need to worry about carrying wads of cash during your trip. A light plastic credit card can do more than fat wads of cash.
- When you carry cash or travelers cheque there is always a risk than you can fall short of the money. When you carry credit card you do not run the risk of running out of money.
- A credit can also be used to withdraw hard cash during your travel abroad. You must get in touch with the credit card bank to know about the interest rates before withdrawing such amount.
- Credit card comes in use for utmost emergencies.
The most important reason for using credit cards while travelling abroad is that they offer attractive currency exchange rates has zero liability and purchase protection plan. It is the smartest way to travel today, as the credit card is not only a safe mode of transacting while you’re travelling, but also reaps you benefits in form of reward points, when you book your travel tickets, or movie tickets, shop online or at a mortar-brick-shop, even when you book your vacation package.
To grab these awesome benefits you need to compare the various types of credit cards
and select the one that best fits your requirements.