Hoops fans have a new place to get news, interviews, game chat and more with the launch of Home Court Advantage, premiering on NBA.com this season. The “digital destination” is sponsored by American Express and will provide video content, pregame shows, player roundtable talks, interactive chats, and the chance to purchase NBA tickets and merchandise.
Home Court Advantage will be live streamed on NBA.com as well as on team websites and mobile apps. No subscription is required to view the content. Some of the features include:
- An original video series that gives fans a peek inside the personal lives of players. Victor Oladipo of the Orlando Magic talks about how his sister inspires him on the court, and Steven Adams of the Oklahoma City Thunder tells a story about being a big man choosing to shop small in his community. More videos throughout the season will highlight 2013 BBVA Compass Rising Stars Challenge MVP Kenneth Faried, eight-time NBA All-Star Dwight Howard, 2014 NBA All-Star Sprite Slam Dunk Champion John Wall, three-time NBA All-Star Kevin Love and 2014 BBVA Compass Rising Stars Challenge MVP Andre Drummond.
- Player roundtables feature discussions between NBA players and basketball experts. They will keep viewers up on current game news and share personal insights during the highlights of the season, such as Kia NBA Tip-off and NBA All-Star Weekend.
- Social media chats with NBA insiders and fans interacting via Twitter, using the official #AmexNBA hashtag.
- Tips and facts from basketball experts and insiders, including “This Day in NBA History,” #NBATBT (NBA Throwback Thursday), and Top 10 lists featuring player, team, and league tidbits.
- The Home Court Advantage pregame show featuring the Boston Celtics will return this season as an extension of the Home Court Advantage digital destination. The Brooklyn Nets and Washington Wizards will also host pregame shows this season, live streamed before tipoff on game days. Pregame shows are hosted by NBA experts and feature player interviews and insights into home game matchups.
American Express is an official NBA sponsor
American Express is the official credit card of the NBA and gives cardmembers the chance to participate in exclusive fan experiences and events like the NBA All-Star game and NBA Draft. Amex sponsors NBA-themed events and behind-the-scenes access for fans. NBA tickets, fan packages, and special offers are available at americanexpress.com/entertainment and NBATickets.com.
Folks do not need to be Amex card members to view the content on Home Court Advantage or participate in social media chats.