Just in time for the summer concert season, Citi has introduced a new way for cardholders to find shows they want to attend along with their friends.
The Citi Private Pass Match-Up App is a Facebook feature that analyzes users’ profiles to recommend concerts they will be interested in. People can also use the app to see which shows their Facebook friends are most likely to want to attend with them, with the Friend Concert Match feature. Once they find a show they want to see, they can buy tickets via LiveNation.
Music Trivia Challenge is an additionalfeature of the app that allows folks to throw down a trivia challenge to their Facebook friends.
The Citi Private Pass program is available to anyone who has a Citi credit or debit card. It gives cardholders access to exclusive events all year long—not just concerts but sports games, dining and other entertainment. From small venues to big stadiums, Citi Private Pass offeredaccess to5,000 concerts in 2012. Cardholders had the opportunity to purchase presale tickets and get VIP access to the events.
This year’s shows
A highlight of this year’s Private Pass concert lineup is Citi’s partnership with the Rolling Stones “50 and Counting” tour. Fans can buy advance tickets with their Citi cards, and use a Citi-sponsored interactive mobile app to request songs to be added to the concert playlist. Using the app, fans can request and vote on their favorite Rolling Stones songs, and the band will use that information to choose songs for their performances.
Some of the other events offered this year include:
- Miranda Lambert and Dierks Bentley at the First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre just outside Chicago on September 7.
- The Dave Matthews Band summer tour, preferred ticketing to all shows.
- Jay-Z/Justin Timberlake, preferred ticketing to all shows.
- AT&T National, part of the PGA tour, held in Washington, D.C. over the Fourth of July weekend; exclusive Private Pass access to the Citi Sky Deck which overlooks the 11th Green.
- Billie Jean King Youth Tennis Camp, July 22nd in New York City; meet and play with the legendary tennis champion.
- New York Mets VIP Experiences at Citi Field throughout the 2013 season; opportunity to purchase VIP tickets including game tickets, unlimited food and beverages and the chance to watch pre-game batting practice.
Citi cardholders can access the Private Pass Match-Up App via their Facebook accounts. For more information or to register, go to the Facebook app page.