You can’t just decide to apply for a business credit card because you are thinking about opening a business someday, but you also don’t have to have a longstanding business with big profits either. Anyone can apply for a business credit card, as long as they have a few key pieces of information. Here is what to have ready when you fill out your application:
- Your business name, address and phone number
- How many years you have been in business
- How many employees you have
- Your expenses and annual profits
- Your EIN or tax ID, or your Social Security number if you do not have a tax ID
Once you have those things, you’ll be ready to apply for a business credit card. Be sure to look for one that corresponds to your level of credit, whether it’s excellent, good, or average. If you’re just starting out, you may have a lower credit limit or higher APR, but you can still get a good business credit card that will help you reach your professional goals.