Credit cards offer a variety of rewards. In choosing the best credit card offer that will guaranty your satisfaction, you have to know the types of credit cards that are offered by credit card companies. Given below are 10 of the most common credit cards available out there.
1. Airmile or Frequent Flyer Credit Cards. Credit cards that awards you mile or points which can be redeemed for airline travel and other services. Good for you if you're a frequent traveler.
2. Balance Transfer Credit Cards. When you say balance transfer, it is transferring your debt from one credit card to another. Balance transfer credit cards allow you transfer credits with higher interests to credit cards that offer a lower interest rate. Transferring your debt to a credit card with lower interest rate allow you to save since typically the interest level will stay for a period of time.
3. Cash-back credit cards. Give cash rewards for using your card in your purchases. If you pay off your bills religiously, this credit card is what's best for you.
4. Gasoline Credit Cards. Credit cards that are dowsed out by gasoline companies for you to use on any of their branches. Rewards come cash rebates for future gas purchases.
5. Low-interest Credit Cards. This type of credit card offers you savings on interest. It has low introductory APR that increase on incremental basis but not sooner.
6. Pre-paid Cards. Works by depositing any amount and then you can you the card to make purchase worth your deposit. It's like you having a gift card or check at hand.
7. Retail Credit Cards. Cards that are typically coming from Wal-Mart or Home Depot. If you're a patron of these stores and availed this credit card, you can get bonuses or discounts towards a particular item.
8. Reward Credit cards. Reward credit cards offer variety of redeemable items or services. From hotel discounts to items. Points are accumulated on a period on time. Rewards depend on the specific number of points you earned while using this kind of card.
9. Secured Credit Cards. This type of credit cards needs deposits to be secured. The larger the security deposit, the higher your credit limit will be. If you had bad credit history before that has been settled and you're stating a new one, secured credit cards are the ones you have to get.
10. Travel Credit Cards. These credit cards are not only limited to earning airmiles, but also offer you insurance for vehicle accidents or any injuries and accidents that occurred during your travel.
Only you can determine what type of credit card will suit your needs. You can search the internet for the best offers and programs of credit card companies and make a comparison of the features each card have. This will help you decide on which type of credit card fit your spending habits. Your goal should not plainly to earn points for rewards or have discounts, but rather include how you can save more from your purchases while using your credit card.