Credit-Land.com is an independent, advertising-supported web site.
Credit-Land.com receives compensation from most credit card issuers whose offers appear on our site.
Compensation from our advertising partners impacts how and where their products appear on our site,
including, for example, the order in which they may appear within review lists.
Credit-Land.com has not reviewed all available credit card offers in the marketplace.
Posted: October 24, 2010 Updated: December 26, 2012
Credit cards are luxuries that are offered by financial institutions to their customers. It works on a simple principle where the customer can purchase items of his liking paying for it by means of a credit card. In layman's terms one takes a credit from a financial institution and is liable to pay for it periodically. One's credit history is maintained by the financial institution along with the details of his expenditure at each venue along with time of purchase. Hence ambiguity is avoided. In this way false claims are avoided. If the credit is not cleared periodically a financial charges would be imposed on the amount borrowed.
Credit history is a record of an individuals financial credit .It is a list comprising of all the credits and repayments that an individual has committed in the past. It is an indicator to ones responsibility in way of repaying credits. This information is then forwarded to a credit bureau. This information is then cross checked by the bureau verifying the individuals name and all his specifications. This information is essential to credit agencies who are considering lending a loan to an individual. This is one of the criteria that the credit agency looks into before issuing a credit card. An individual's credit history is a gauge which shows his credit worthiness.
What is bad credit history?
If one fails to pay his credit periodically financial charges and interests accumulate. The failure to pay ones past due bills constitutes a bad credit history. This would be disadvantageous especially if one wants to raise a loan. In certain cases the hoarding of these finance charges would have been unavoidable. In this situation the individual has to try to erase his negative credit history by repaying his past dues which would raise his credit points. This score has to rise to a level where the credit institutions find you credit worthy.
Few tips to recover from a bad credit history
• Despite the amount incurred one can negate his bad credit history by adhering to certain suggestions. One should try to pay all his credits on time. These charges shouldn't be allowed to accumulate. A negative credit rating would be incurred if the payments are 30 days past due.
• You should try to reduce the number of credit cards you own. By reducing this number you could better asses the credit you have raised, this would also help you reduce unwanted expenditure. If you own many cards and want to cancel them you'll have to write a letter to the credit agencies informing them that you want the cards cancelled. You should also inform the credit reposting agencies.
• Try to avoid bankruptcies and tax liens as they stay on your record for a period of 10 and 7 years respectively. Write a letter to your creditors requesting them to reduce your credit limit.
• Invest in a reliable secure credit card that would help you get back on your feet.
• Analyze your annual credit reports and try to look out for any errors.
Disclaimer: This editorial content is not provided or commissioned by the credit card issuer(s). Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, not those of the credit card issuer(s), and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuer(s). Reasonable efforts are made to present accurate information, however all information is presented without warranty. Consult a card's issuing bank for the terms & conditions.
All rates and fees, and other terms and conditions of the products mentioned in this article/post are actual as of the last update date but are subject to change. See the current products' Terms & Conditions on the issuing banks' websites.
Nights are still drawing out, the wind is cold, and the air smells like snow already - the winter is close. Christmas and holiday season are approaching swiftly, and overwhelming gift ideas are swirling chaotically in your mind. Ready or ...Continue reading
If you're trying to find the perfect rewards credit card, you might feel like you're drowning in options. There are just so many out there, and many of them look similar. This can make it tough to decide on a card. One thing people often ...Continue reading
Those who often find themselves buying stuff and then discovering that they could pay less for the same item they've just bought, will appreciate this credit card benefit – price protection. This is the least known and the most neglected ...Continue reading