A credit card represents a way of getting rid of cash thus making it more convenient for you. However that is not always why a credit card needs to be used. In other words, a credit card offers more benefits as well. One of the biggest benefits it offers you is credit score repair, by allowing you to improve your credit history. There are many ways in which the credit score can be repaired. Here are some of them.
- You can use your credit card to automate your bill payments for all utilities. For example, on a designated date you can automate payment of phone bill, internet bill, insurance premiums, etc. so that you don’t miss the due dates for any of those. The more consistent you are in your bill payment, the better your credit history will be.
- The credit history is reported by 3 credit bureaus to lenders and credit card companies who request for it. You can improve your credit history by using your credit card for all your necessary expenses and then paying the bill in a timely fashion before the due date.
- You can improve your credit history by always paying your credit card bill on time, so that you are never late or are never penalized
- You should make sure your outstanding debt on the credit card is as low as possible or even zero. Greater your debt is lower your credit score will be. The credit score depends to a reasonable degree on your credit utilization which is the ratio of the outstanding debt to the credit limit.
- You can apply for credit cards with lower interest rate if you have a revolving debt. By doing so you can lower the interest that you are paying to the credit card company on your outstanding debt.
- You can also apply for cash back credit cards that can allow you to save money on your expenses. The discounts will take something off your final outstanding debt making payments easier.
- With a credit card you get the huge advantage of a monthly expenses report. You can use this report to review your expenses and also find out where you can save money. That way you can reduce wastage and manage your finances in a much better fashion. Those who manage their finances by reducing the expenses and keeping the income and expense in a balance tend to have a far better credit score in the end.
- If you have a big expense coming up then you can work out a minimum monthly payment plan with the credit card issuer. This way, you wouldn’t be burdened by a massive debt or an exponentially growing interest. Instead you can plan your payments month after month, ensuring that you clear off your outstanding debt soon enough.
- When you have a very bad credit score, you need to apply for a bad credit, credit card or a secured credit card that can help you rebuild your credit history once again.