Credit-Land.com is an independent, advertising-supported web site. Credit-Land.com receives compensation from most issuers whose offers appear on our site. Compensation from our advertising partners impacts how and where their products appear on our site, including, for example, the order in which they may appear within review lists. Credit-Land.com has not reviewed all available credit card offers in the marketplace.
The Bancorp Bank
CREDIT AND DEBIT CARD APPLICATIONS
The Bancorp Bank is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Bancorp, Inc. This bank is one of the top issuers of prepaid debit cards in America. The Bancorp Bank is FDIC-insured and offers a full range of financial services and products for consumers and small businesses. This bank issues Mastercard and Visa prepaid debit cards with reward programs.
- Chime® Checking Account and $200 qualifying direct deposit required to apply. Eligibility requirements apply for Credit Builder metal card
- Free credit building, no matter your credit history
- No annual fees or interest3
- No credit check to apply
- No minimum security deposit required1
- Whether it’s gas or groceries, all purchases can count towards building credit via on-time payment
- Reports to all 3 major credit bureaus
- View and track your FICO score right in the Chime app. FICO is the credit score used by 90% of lenders2
- The Chime Credit Builder Visa® Card is issued by Stride Bank, N.A., Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. and may be used everywhere Visa credit cards are accepted.
- 1Money added to Credit Builder will be held in a secured account as collateral for your Credit Builder Visa card, which means you can spend up to this amount on your card. This is money you can use to pay off your charges at the end of every month.
- 2Credit score calculated based on FICO® Score 8 model. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than FICO® Score 8, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn More
- 3Out-of-network ATM withdrawal fees apply except at MoneyPass ATMs in a 7-Eleven location or any Allpoint or Visa Plus Alliance ATM.
- No Monthly Fees.
- Get fee-free overdraft up to $200 with SpotMe®*
- Grow your savings automatically
- Set up Direct Deposit and receive your paycheck up to 2 days earlier^ than some of your co-workers!
- Banking services and debit card provided by The Bancorp Bank N.A. or Stride Bank, N.A., Members FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. and may be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted.
- *Eligibility requirements and overdraft limits apply.
- ^Early access to direct deposit funds depends on payer.
Do prepaid cards build credit?
As a general rule, no. Prepaid cards won't help build your credit history. When you use a prepaid card, you use your own money, not an associated line of credit. Since you are not borrowing money, there is nothing to...Read more
How old do you need to be to get a credit card? My daughter is starting high school and I'd like for her to have her own card, in case of emergencies.
It's smart to make sure your daughter is covered in case she gets into a tight financial spot, now that she's a teenager and likely to be away from you more often. However, don't be too eager to give her a credit card....Read more
What are Prepaid Credit cards?
For consumers who would like to own a credit card yet want take complete control of their financial expenses can opt for a Prepaid Credit card. Here one can have the place in the account and then use it when required,...Read more