Credit-Land.com is an independent, advertising-supported web site. Credit-Land.com receives compensation from most credit card issuers whose offers appear on our site. Compensation from our advertising partners impacts how and where their products appear on our site, including, for example, the order in which they may appear within review lists. Credit-Land.com has not reviewed all available credit card offers in the marketplace.
Best Credit Cards with
travel rewards FROM
If you're the traveling type, you want to earn as many miles as you can with every purchase you make. With a travel rewards credit card you can travel around the world, earning free miles every time you use your card. There are two types of airline credit cards: airline-sponsored credit cards and bank-sponsored credit cards. Think about what sort of traveler you are and decide what type of card will give you the biggest bang for your buck - choose the right one and get ready for takeoff. Bon Voyage!
on Capital One's secure website
Credit Card Offer to Fly More in November 2019
MAXIMIZE YOUR REWARDS ON TRAVEL
- Click "APPLY ONLINE" to apply now
- Enjoy a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $500 in travel
- Earn 2X miles on every purchase, every day. Plus earn 10X miles on thousands of hotels, through January 2020; learn more at hotels.com/venture
- Named ‘The Best Travel Card' by CNBC, 2018
More Airline MIles Credit Cards
When you are looking for the best credit card for international or domestic travel, you have two options to choose from: airline miles cards or travel rewards credit cards. You can apply either for an airline credit card or for a travel rewards card, or you can even get both to maximize your savings on travel expenses. Whichever card you choose, compare travel rewards, calculate your potential savings and expenses to make sure you choose the best travel rewards card for you.Show more
- UNLIMITED BONUS: Discover will match ALL the Miles you’ve earned at the end of your first year, automatically. For example, if you earn 35,000 Miles, you get 70,000 Miles. That’s $700 towards travel! The more you earn, the more you get.
- Earn unlimited 1.5x Miles for every dollar spent on all purchases - with no annual fee.
- No Blackout Dates. Simply pay for travel purchases like airlines, hotels, rental cars, and more with your Discover it® Miles card.
- Miles Pay You Back. Easily redeem Miles as a statement credit for travel purchases. Or get cash.
- Freeze your account in seconds with an on/off switch either on the mobile app or website to prevent new purchases, cash advances, and balance transfers.
- Get your free Credit Scorecard with your FICO® Credit Score, number of recent inquiries and more.
- Get an alert if we find your Social Security number on any of thousands of Dark Web sites.* Activate for free.
- Click "APPLY NOW" to see rates, rewards, FICO® Credit Score terms, Discover Match® details & other information.
on Capital One's secure website
- Click "APPLY ONLINE" to apply now
- $0 annual fee and no foreign transaction fees
- Earn a bonus of 20,000 miles once you spend $1,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $200 in travel
- Earn 1.25X miles on every purchase, every day
- Earn 10X miles on thousands of hotels, through January 2020; learn more at hotels.com/venture
- Transfer your miles to over 12 leading travel loyalty programs
- Enjoy 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months; 13.74% - 23.74% variable APR after that
- Travel when you want with no blackout dates and fly any airline, stay at any hotel, anytime
- Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn
- The Citi Rewards+SM Card - the only credit card that automatically rounds up to the nearest 10 points on every purchase - with no cap.
- Earn 15,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in purchases with your card within 3 months of account opening; redeemable for $150 in gift cards at thankyou.com
- 0% Intro APR on balance transfers and purchases for 15 months. After that, the variable APR will be 14.99% - 24.99%, based on your creditworthiness.
- Earn 2X ThankYou® Points at Supermarkets and Gas Stations for the first $6,000 per year and then 1X Points thereafter. Plus, earn 1X Points on All Other Purchases.
- The standard variable APR for Citi Flex Plan is 14.99% - 24.99%, based on your creditworthiness. Citi Flex Plan offers are made available at Citi's discretion.
on Citi's secure website
- Earn 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after spending $5,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
- Admirals Club® membership for you and access for guests traveling with you
- Complimentary Admirals Club® lounge access for authorized users
- Earn 10,000 AAdvantage® Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs) after you spend $40,000 in purchases within the year
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on purchases
- Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles for every $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases and 1 AAdvantage® mile for every $1 spent on other purchases
- First checked bag is free on domestic American Airlines itineraries for you and up to 8 companions traveling with you on the same reservation
- The standard variable APR for Citi Flex Plan is 17.24% - 25.24%, based on your creditworthiness. Citi Flex Plan offers are made available at Citi's discretion.
on Citi's secure website
- Earn 10,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles and receive a $50 statement credit after making $500 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
- No Annual Fee
- Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles for each $1 spent at grocery stores, including grocery delivery services
- Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles for every $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases
- Earn 1 AAdvantage® mile for every $1 spent on other purchases
- Save 25% on inflight food and beverage purchases when you use your card on American Airlines flights
- The standard variable APR for Citi Flex Plan is 17.49% - 25.49%, based on your creditworthiness. Citi Flex Plan offers are made available at Citi's discretion.
- Get up to 40,000 bonus LifeMiles for a limited-time! Enter the promotional code SB4060 when completing your application in order to receive the additional 20,000 welcome bonus miles with your Avianca LifeMiles credit card after your qualifying purchases.
- Earn 2 LifeMiles per $1 spent on Avianca purchases
- Earn 1 LifeMile per $1 spent on all other purchases
- 15% discount on purchases of miles with Multiply Your Miles
- No cap on the number of LifeMiles you can earn
- 0% Introductory offer for 12 months on Balance Transfers
- Chip-enabled card provides added security
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Protection against unauthorized charges
- Emergency Card Replacement
- Online Account Management
- Electronic Statements
- Auto-pay option
- 0% Intro APR on Purchases and Balance Transfers for 12 months; after that the variable APR will be 14.65% - 24.65%, based on your creditworthiness
- Earn $150 Statement Credit after you spend $1,200 on purchases within the first 90 days from account opening
- Earn 5x rewards on up to $1,500 in combined purchases each quarter in popular categories such as dining, groceries, travel, and automotive
- No upper limit on the points you can accumulate, and since points never expire, you can save up for a big award!
- Earn Points on Every Purchase! It's simple: $1 = 1 Point
- No Annual Fee
- Select Your Rewards Your Way
- No Foreign Transaction Fee
TRAVEL CREDIT CARDS
What is the best airline credit card?
If you are looking for the best airline credit card, then it depends on the airline you fly with. For example, if you do not fly Virgin America, there's no sense getting their credit card even it offers great sign-up...Read more
Which is the best travel card to use?
It depends on how often you fly, your spending habits, and whether you are loyal to one particular airline. Thus, when you do not fly a lot, having an airline branded or travel tailored credit card won't have sense. You...Read more
When can I get an airline credit card?
Typically, you can start shopping for airline credit cards when you have good to excellent credit history. There is no sense in applying for an airline credit card earlier, as you may not be approved for a Visa...Read more
NOT SURE WHICH CARD
Ask our Experts and get free advice to your email!ASK QUESTION
Credit Cards for Frequent
Best airline credit cards allow frequent flyers earn travel rewards. There are two types of travel rewards credit cards frequent flyers can use:
Airline-branded credit cards: for those who always fly one preferred airline, book their travel in advance and have flexible dates. These cards offer the biggest rewards, including sign-on bonuses that are enough for a free domestic round-trip ticket.
Travel (or bank-sponsored) credit cards: for those who prefer flexibility of using earned rewards on any airline, any time. You can earn points or miles on all purchases and redeem them for travel on any airline, hotel stays, or simply cash. And cash are easy to use toward any ticket purchase.
Some programs give you points, some give you miles - usually one point or mile per dollar spent, sometimes more. A couple of banks let you transfer your travel reward points to other airlines, but others don't. Find out how your rewards program works, where you can redeem your miles, and what the value of a point or mile is before you sign up, so you can choose the card that will give you the most value.
Many airline reward cards charge annual fees that can be quite steep. Don't discount a card just because it has an annual fee, though. Look at the benefits the card offers and see if you are going to use them. Airline credit cards may offer free checked bag for the cardholder and its companions, priority boarding, travel insurance, access to airport lounges or a companion pass. Calculate how much you can potentially save on using credit card benefits to see if the annual fee is worth paying. Also, think about how often you'll use the card and calculate the value of the rewards you can possibly earn. If the rewards cover the annual fee and you have some more left to redeem toward travel, the card will be worth the fee.
And one more important thing about airline cards and rewards credit cards in general to consider: you should never ever carry a balance on your travel card. If you do not pay off the card balance each month, it will accrue interest and interest rate is much higher than the rewards rate and as a result, interest will eat all your rewards. Therefore, you will overpay rather than save on your air travel.
commentsABOUT TRAVEL REWARDS
must read FEATURED NEWS
AND RELATED RESEARCH
Discover's new 5% calendar is announced - there will be more opportunities to earn cashback bonus...
Nights are drawing out, the wind is colder every day and you already feel the lightest breath of...