Credit-Land.com is an independent, advertising-supported web site. Credit-Land.com receives compensation from most credit card issuers whose offers appear on our site. Compensation from our advertising partners impacts how and where their products appear on our site, including, for example, the order in which they may appear within review lists. Credit-Land.com has not reviewed all available credit card offers in the marketplace.
July 2020. Credit cards with
no foreign transaction fee
If you are a frequent traveler, you might notice an unwelcome fee on your account statement - a foreign transaction fee (sometimes also called a currency conversion fee) of 2-5% on any purchase made outside of the U.S. Avoid this extra charge by applying for a no foreign transaction fee card. Moreover, there are lots of cards on our site that offer no foreign transaction fees, as well as cash back and other rewards for frequent travelers.
on Citi's secure website
No Foreign Fee Offer for July 2020
MAXIMIZE YOUR REWARDS
- Earn 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after spending $5,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
- Admirals Club® membership for you and access for up to two guests or immediate family members traveling with you
- Earn 10,000 AAdvantage® Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs) after you spend $40,000 in purchases within the year
Best No Foreign Transaction Fee Cards From Our Partners
Even if you do not travel, you still may be charged foreign transaction fees. Thus, when you make a purchase in a foreign currency online or when a payment passes through a foreign bank, you can see costs added to your statement - foreign transaction fees. The easiest way to avoid these fees is to use a credit card that charges no foreign transaction fees. Below you will find credit cards that do not charge foreign transaction fees.Show more
- Discover one of Citi's best cash back rewards cards designed exclusively for Costco members
- 4% cash back on eligible gas for the first $7,000 per year and then 1% thereafter
- 3% cash back on restaurants and eligible travel purchases
- 2% cash back on all other purchases from Costco and Costco.com
- 1% cash back on all other purchases
- No annual fee with your paid Costco membership and enjoy no foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Receive an annual credit card reward certificate, which is redeemable for cash or merchandise at U.S. Costco warehouses, including Puerto Rico
- The standard variable APR for Citi Flex Plan is 15.24%. Citi Flex Plan offers are made available at Citi's discretion.
- 0% Intro APR on Purchases for 12 months; after that the variable APR will be 12.90% – 22.90% (V), based on your creditworthiness
- Earn $150 Statement Credit after you spend $1,200 on purchases within the first 90 days from account opening
- Earn 5x rewards on up to $1,500 in combined purchases each quarter in popular categories such as dining, groceries, travel, and automotive
- No upper limit on the points you can accumulate, and since points never expire, you can save up for a big award!
- Earn Points on Every Purchase! It's simple: $1 = 1 Point
- No Annual Fee
- Select Your Rewards Your Way
- No Foreign Transaction Fee
- Enjoy Amazon Student Prime Membership on us for a year, must be a student to qualify.
- Earn 1% cash back on all purchases automatically.
- No Social Security Number required for International Students
- Cell Phone Protection up to $600
- No Annual Fee
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- No Late Fee on first late payment. vMastercard Platinum Benefits
- Mint Mobile: Three Months of Text + Talk! Use your Deserve Mastercard to sign up and pay for any Mint Mobile wireless plan and you'll get a $45 statement credit.
- Lemonade Insurance Rebate - Pay for 3 consecutive monthly insurance from Lemonade with your Deserve card and get a $10 statement credit.
- Feather Furniture Rental - Use your Deserve card to rent furniture from Feather and enter promo code DESERVE100 to get $100 off your first month's rental.
- Start/Stop card use + stay current with your FICO score with the Deserve mobile app.
- Start building credit responsibly and enjoy the perks of being a student
- No Deposit Required.
I wanted to visit europe next summer. Does ANA credit card charge a foreign transaction fee?
Even though ANA card is a travel airline credit card, it charges a foreign transaction fee (3% of each transaction in U.S. dollars). If you need a credit card without a foreign transaction fee, consider best offers here.Read more
I see many credit cards advertised as having no foreign transaction fee. What does this mean? Is it important for me to have a card like this?
A foreign transaction fee is what the credit card processing network charges every time you make a purchase in another country. Usually this fee is 2-3% of your purchase. However, many cards are no longer charging this...Read more
What do the Fees on My Credit Card Bill Mean?
When we receive our billing statement for our credit card, aside from the purchases that we made, we also look for the fees that were charged. We try to look closely on what is charged and also figure out why and how it...Read more
NOT SURE WHICH CARD
Ask our Experts and get free advice to your email!ASK QUESTION
don't worry ABOUT EXTRA FEES
WITH NO FOREIGN FEE CARDS
A no foreign transaction fee credit card won't charge you any extra sneaky fees when you use it to make purchases outside of the United States. Between baggage handling fees, car rentals, and hotel costs, the last thing you need to worry about when you're traveling is getting slapped with extra fees. Find a no foreign transaction fee card that offers rewards for travelers like miles or cash back and reap even more great travel benefits.
Many major cards feature no foreign transaction fees. More and more cards are offering this feature and waiving foreign transaction fees, but you need to make sure you read the fine print on some of them, to make sure you don't find a rude surprise on your credit card bill when you get home from traveling.
There are plenty of credit cards that offer perks for travelers, like priority check-in, free baggage checking, hotel rewards, and frequent-flyer miles. If you find yourself traveling overseas frequently, apply for a credit card that gives you maximum travel benefits and also features no foreign transaction fees.
If the card has an annual fee, think about how much money you anticipate spending in other countries during a year and figure out whether the money you spend on the annual fee is less than any foreign transaction fees charged by other cards.
commentsABOUT NO FOREIGN FEE
must read FEATURED NEWS
AND RELATED RESEARCH
The pandemic and the economic crisis that followed it have caused different changes in the credit...
The COVID-19 pandemic has made significant changes not only in people's lives and their financial...