The content is accurate at the time of publication and is subject to change.
This content is not provided by Citi. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed here are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the Citi.
The information for the Citi Premier® Card offer may be out-of-date. The current card details are the following:
- Earn 60,000 bonus ThankYou® Points after you spend $4,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
- Earn 3 Points per $1 spent at Restaurants and Supermarkets
- Earn 3 Points per $1 spent at Gas Stations, Air Travel and Hotels
- Earn 1 Point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Annual Hotel Savings Benefit
- 60,000 ThankYou® Points are redeemable for $600 in gift cards when redeemed at thankyou.com
- No expiration and no limit to the amount of points you can earn with this card
Citi, a Credit-Land.com advertising partner, announced upcoming changes to rewards structure and benefits for the Citi Premier® Card. They are planning to start rolling out the changes on August 23, 2020.
The Citi Premier Card was designed with travelers in mind, but beginning this summer it will offer increased rewards in two additional categories - restaurants and supermarkets. Plus, the card will have a new hotel benefit.
Here are the benefits the Citi Premier Card existing and new members will get starting August 23, 2020:
- 3X ThankYou Points on air travel and hotels
- 3X ThankYou Points at restaurants
- 3X ThankYou Points at supermarkets
- 3X ThankYou Points at gas stations
- 1X ThankYou Points on everything else
Existing cardmembers and those who applied for the card before April 10, 2020, will continue earning 3X points on such travel purchases as cruises, public transportation, parking and tolls, and 2X points on entertainment purchases through April 10, 2021. Also, the 25% ThankYou portal redemption bonus will not be available to existing cardmembers starting April 10, 2021.
In addition to new rewards, Citi is adding a $100 annual credit towards a single hotel stay of $500 or more, excluding taxes and fees, for bookings through thankyou.com. The credit will be applied at the time of booking.
As with any good changes, there always are some dad changes as well. Thus, the travel category will be limited to air travel and hotel stays only. Such categories as cruises, tolls, and parking are eliminated from the 3X points category. The entertainment category is also eliminated from the bonus altogether. Purchases in those categories will earn 1x points starting August 23, 2020.