The content is accurate at the time of publication and is subject to change.
This content is not provided by Citi. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed here are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the Citi.
TD Bank launched a new cash back credit card, the TD Double Up Card, that offers up to 2% cash back, welcome bonus, intro 0% APR, and competes with the Citi® Double Cash Card (Citi is a Credit-Land.com advertising partner).
The new TD Double Up credit card offers a simple cash back program with a flat rewards rate. Cardholders can earn up to 2% cash back rewards. Notably, 1% unlimited cash back is earned on purchases and 1% cash back is earned when cardholders redeem earned cash back into an eligible TD Bank deposit account. So basically, customers with a TD deposit account get "double" the cash back rewards.
This rewards structure is similar to the Citi® Double Cash Card's 2% on every purchase where 1% cash back is earned when cardholders make purchases, plus an additional 1% as they pay for those purchases.
The TD Bank Double Up credit card has other benefits too. There is a welcome bonus offer of $75 cash back in the form of a statement credit. Cardholders will need to spend $500 within the first 90 days after account opening to qualify for the offer.
Additionally, the card offers 0% intro APR on balance transfers for the first 15 billing cycles after account opening and charges no annual fee. The balance transfer fee is standard - $5 or 3% of each transfer, whichever amount is greater - and the ongoing variable interest rate will be 14.99%, 19.99% or 24.99%, based on the applicant's creditworthiness.
Here are the TD Double Up credit card features at a glance:
- $75 Cash Back bonus in the form of a statement credit when you spend $500 within the first 90 days after account opening
- Up to 2% Cash Back Rewards when you redeem into an eligible TD Bank Deposit Account
- Unlimited Cash Back - no rotating categories, no caps or limits as long as your credit card account is open and in good standing
- 0% introductory APR on balance transfers for the first 15 billing cycles after account opening. After that, 14.99%, 19.99% or 24.99% variable APR based on your creditworthiness
- Balance transfer fee: $5 or 3% of each transfer, whichever amount is greater
- No annual fee.