Valentine’s Day is fast approaching. If you are still on the lookout for the perfect gift for that special someone, you may want to take advantage of these deals and boost your credit card rewards balance while you’re at it.
Many credit cards are featuring Valentine’s Day promotions where you can earn extra rewards by buying through your card or use your points to purchase gifts. Here is a roundup of offers.
Citi ThankYou Points
Citi is partnering with Blue Nile on a promotion through February 15. Cardholders will earn five ThankYou points for each dollar spent on BlueNile merchandise at the Citi ThankYou Bonus Center. Some of the items available include:
- A sterling-silver heart bracelet that costs $165 will get you 825 ThankYou points
- A pin-striped money clip that costs $85 will net 425 ThankYou points
Citi is also offering six points per dollar on Red Envelope purchases such as:
- A heart and pearl necklace for $30 that earns 180 ThankYou points
- A ruby ring for $50 gets you 300 ThankYou points
If electronic gifts are more up your alley, get your sweetheart an Apple iPad (16GB) from Best Buy and earn 1,500 ThankYou points. All Best Buy purchases through the Citi ThankYou Bonus Center earn three points per dollar.
For those going the more traditional route of flowers, ProFlowers and FTD are both offering 20% off all purchases as well as 10 ThankYou points per dollar spent through the Citi ThankYou portal.
Chase Ultimate Rewards
Chase Sapphire or Ink cardholders who want to buy flowers for their loved ones will do best going through FTD.com – purchases there will earn 16 points per dollar. Add some chocolate to that gift of flowers and earn even more rewards: Godiva offers four points per dollar on all purchases. To get the points, cardholders have to log in and shop through the Ultimate Rewards site.
Chase Freedom cardholders get cash back instead of Ultimate Reward points – they can get flowers from 1-800-Flowers and earn 12% cash back.
Discover Valentine’s Day
For those who favor the Discover card, there are plenty of good gifts to be had at the Discover Cash Back Bonus center.
- Flowers: Discover cardholders get 15% cash back on all 1-800-Flowers purchases all year long, not just at Valentine’s Day.
- Dinner: Order gift certificates for your favorite restaurant at Restaurant.com and get additional cash back through the ShopDiscover portal.
- Jewelry: Also year-round, Discover gives a 10% cash back bonus on all purchases from Jewelry.com. Find the perfect necklace, bracelet, or even engagement ring and earn cash back while you shop.