The content is accurate at the time of publication and is subject to change.
The type of credit card depends on your needs. First you need to decide whether you need a personal card or a business card. Then think about whether or not you want to transfer a balance or have a 0% promotional rate on purchases. Factors to consider will include:
- Whether your credit score is high, low, or average
- What kind of credit limit you need
- What you will use the card for
- If you prefer to get rewards in the form of cash , travel , points, miles or merchandise
- If a secured, prepaid, or unsecured card is a better fit for your credit history
There are many types of cards available, so do your homework to find out which one is the best one for you. No one card fits all as everyone has different needs and uses.