As a cardholder, you can get access to benefits and protections provided by your credit card issuer and be a payment network. Mastercard has a set of most common protections. The protections we overview below may vary by card type and by issuing company. You can contact your credit card issuer or Mastercard at 1.800.Mastercard to find out the complete protection terms and conditions.
The overview of Mastercard protections:
- Shopping protection
- Extended warranty. It doubles manufacturer’s or store brand warranty for up to one year.
- Price protection. In case you find a lower price for a new item within 60 days from the date of purchase, you may be reimbursed for the price difference.
- Purchase assurance. If the item you bought is damaged or stolen within 90 days of the date of purchase, you may get coverage.
- Mastercard ID Theft Protection. Free of charge service that helps cardholders detect and resolve identity theft. The service provides assistance when you need to solve issues with stolen identity and if you have lost your wallet.
- Zero liability. Gives protection against fraud. It applies to purchases made in the store, over the phone, online or via a mobile device and ATM transactions.
- Baggage delay insurance. Reimburses for replacing essential personal items in your baggage, if your checked baggage is delayed in transit.
- Car rental insurance. Pays for covered damages to a rental vehicle.
- Hotel burglary insurance. Reimburses for personal property stolen from your hotel room.
- Lost/damaged luggage insurance. If your checked or carry-on luggage is lost or damaged, you will be reimbursed for the actual cost of repairing or replacing it.
- Travel accident insurance. Covers against accidental death or dismemberment.
- Trip cancelation insurance. Provides reimbursement for any nonrefundable cancellation or change fee if your trip is interrupted or canceled.
To take advantage of any of these protections (provided your Mastercard is eligible), you should use your Mastercard to purchase goods, tickets, or services. Otherwise, you won’t be eligible for the coverage.
Apply for Mastercard credit and prepaid cards from our partners on following page