The content is accurate at the time of publication and is subject to change.
This content is not provided by Citi. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed here are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the Citi.
Hyatt introduced the second co-branded credit card and it is the first Hyatt business credit card - the new World of Hyatt Business Credit Card. Like the existing World of Hyatt Credit Card, which is designed for consumers, the new business credit card is issued by Chase, the U.S. consumer and commercial banking of JPMorgan Chase & Co., a leading global financial services firm.
The new World of Hyatt Business Credit Card features an adaptive rewards accelerator that allows business cardmembers to earn double World of Hyatt points per quarter in the top three spend categories. Those categories include dining, shipping, airline tickets when purchased directly with the airline, local transit and commuting, social media and search engine advertising, car rental agencies, gas stations, internet, cable, and phone services.
This is the first time Chase is offering flexible bonus categories on a credit card. However, it's not the only product with this type of earning. For example, the recently-launched Citi Custom Cash℠ Card allows earning up to 5% back on purchases in the top eligible spend category each billing cycle, up to the first $500 spent (1% cash back thereafter).
The benefits and services of the new World of Hyatt Business Credit Card were designed based on extensive consumer and small business research. Plus, the card is a Visa Signature® Business Credit card, which means it comes with Visa Signature benefits. Here's a quick overview of the new World of Hyatt Business Credit Card benefits:
- 9x points total on Hyatt stays and experiences - that is based on: 4 bonus points per $1 spent on the card at Hyatt hotels and resorts, including participating restaurants and spas. Plus 5 base points from Hyatt per eligible $1 spent at Hyatt hotels and resorts as a World of Hyatt member.
- 2 bonus points per $1 spent for the top three of eight spend categories each calendar quarter through Dec. 31, 2022; and top two of eight spend categories in 2023 and beyond-with no cap on the bonus points.
- 2x bonus points for fitness club and gym memberships.
- Automatic Discoverist status in World of Hyatt (typically requires 10 tier-qualifying nights or 25,000 base points).
- 5 tier-qualifying night credits with each $10,000 in spend on the card in a calendar year.
- No fee for employee business cards.
- Primary rental car collision damage waiver.
- Trip cancellation/travel interruption insurance.
- Access to Hyatt Leverage, Hyatt's global business travel program that offers special rates to qualifying small and mid-sized enterprises at participating Hyatt hotels worldwide.
Those are only a part of the benefits the World of Hyatt Business Credit Card offers for a relatively low annual fee of $199. The card is already available for application and more information can be found on Chase's website.