The content is accurate at the time of publication and is subject to change.
If you are looking to redeem United miles for anything but flights, you have plenty of options. Here's what you can redeem United miles for:
- Book flights with United and its partners
- Transfer miles to Marriott Bonvoy
- Transfer to a MileagePlus member
- Book hotel stays using United's hotel booking portal
- Pay for inflight Wi-Fi on domestic United flights
- Pay for TSA PreCheck
- Redeem for merchandise, gift cards, newspapers, and Broadway tickets
- Donate miles to charities
- Use miles for airfare statement credits
- Spend miles to pay for a cruise
Unfortunately, you can't turn your United miles into cash or cover other than travel related purchases with statement credits either. However, there are ways to spend your United miles through third-party services. For example, there are services that allow you to sell unused miles or points from various loyalty programs. The service called MilesBuyer will allow you to sell your United miles starting at a 40,000 points minimum up to any size. If you make a research, you may find other similar services to see if they'll be of any use to you.