The content is accurate at the time of publication and is subject to change.
There are various types of travel insurance provided by Mastercard. If your job requires you to hop in and hop out of flights often then you must definitely take some precautions as the probability of lost luggage, misplace luggage, stolen or damaged goods increases considerably. When you are travelling by road with family it is not a bad idea to go with travel insurance too. However, with great benefits from Mastercard, you don`t even have to bother worrying about special travel insurance. You can instead look for the Mastercard that offers you maximum benefits while you are travelling.
Some of the benefits offered by Mastercard are very thoughtful indeed and are aimed at helping out Mastercard customers as much as possible when they are in any sort of inconvenience.
Here are Mastercard insurance benefits you will want to take advantage of:
- Baggage Delay Insurance: you are reimbursed with a certain amount for replacing certain critical items in your baggage that has been delayed in the transit. This insurance is available if you have bought your flight tickets using Mastercard.
- Car Rental Collision Damage Waiver Insurance: if you are using a rental car and you have used Mastercard to pay for the rental transaction entirely, you will be covered for any damage due to the car accident and also for theft with car rental insurance.
- Hotel/Motel Burglary Insurance: if you lose any of your goods which have been stolen from your hotel where you have paid the bills using Mastercard, you get a hotel burglary insurance coverage.
- Lost or Damaged Luggage Insurance: if you have paid for your flight tickets with the eligible Mastercard, then you will receive reimbursement in the scenario when your luggage has either been lost or has been misdirected by the airline services.
- Travel Accident Insurance: if the carrier travel tickets are purchased by you using Mastercard, you will also get coverage for accidental death of any of the family members during the journey or for any physical injuries sustained.
- Trip Cancellation Insurance: you automatically get it when you pay for your trips with Mastercard. You will be paid whatever you have lost due to non-refundable, forfeited payments caused by the cancellation of the trip midway.
Most of these insurance policies cost a lot and hence most people do not take them. With the right Mastercard all these can be availed to have an anxiety free trip.