The content is accurate at the time of publication and is subject to change.
BlockFi, a trading platform for cryptocurrency investors, has announced this week that the world's first Bitcoin rewards credit card is now available to all eligible US residents.
BlockFi announced its intentions to launch a new credit card back in December 2020. Since then, their waitlist grew to thousands of cryptocurrency enthusiasts eager to earn bitcoin. Finally, BlockFi started shipping their BlockFi Rewards Visa® Signature Credit Card to waitlist clients in early July, and they shipped over 20,000 cards in the first three weeks.
Now the BlockFi Rewards Visa® Signature Credit Card is open to all qualifying US residents. Here's a quick overview of the main features and benefits of this credit card:
- Earn 3.5% back in Bitcoin during your first three months
- Unlimited 1.5% back in Bitcoin on every purchase made with the card
- Earn 2% back in Bitcoin on every purchase over $50,000 of annual spend
- No annual fee and no foreign transaction fees
- Visa® Signature benefits like travel opportunities, fine wine and food, sporting events, shopping, and more.
To apply for the BlockFi Rewards Visa® Signature Credit Card, you will need to create a BlockFi account first and only then submit your application. Note that your credit history should be good or excellent to be able to qualify for the card. However, you can check to see if you're pre-approved with no impact on your credit score (Please keep in mind that a soft credit pull happens before you've accepted the credit card offer. A hard credit pull occurs when you've accepted your credit card offer, which can have an impact on your credit score.).