The content is accurate at the time of publication and is subject to change.
Starting this October, select Capital One credit cards can be used with PayPal's Pay With Rewards. The bank will join American Express, Chase, Citi, and Discover that are already Pay With Rewards' partners.
Capital One cardholders already have various redemption options. Thus, depending on which Capital One credit card you have, you can redeem your rewards for cash back, recent travel purchases, to cover everyday expenses, use your rewards at Amazon.com through Shop with Points, or simply redeem your rewards for gift cards.
Now you can link your eligible Capital One credit card to your PayPal wallet and enroll in Pay with Rewards. Once you enroll, the option to redeem your rewards will appear at checkout when you select PayPal as a payment method.
Capital One credit cards that allow Pay with Rewards redemptions:
- Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card
- Capital One® VentureOne® Rewards Credit Card
- Capital One® Quicksilver® Cash Rewards Credit Card
- Capital One® QuicksilverOne® Cash Rewards Credit Card
- Capital One® Savor® Cash Rewards Credit Card
- Capital One® SavorOne® Cash Rewards Credit Card
- Capital One® Spark® Business cards
- Journey® Student Rewards from Capital One®
When you use Pay with Rewards redemption option, you may not get the maximum value. Thus, if your Capital One credit card is a cash back card, like Journey or QuickslverOne, $1 in cash rewards will be worth $1 in redemption value during checkout with PayPal. However, cardholders of travel credit cards, like Venture or Spark Miles, will lose value: 125 miles will be worth $1 in redemption value when checking out with PayPal.