The content is accurate at the time of publication and is subject to change.
Barclays and Emirates partnered to offer Emirates Skywards' first co-branded credit cards to the U.S. consumers. Now loyal Emirates flyers can apply for the Emirates Skywards Rewards World Elite Mastercard® or for the Emirates Skywards Premium World Elite Mastercard® to earn Skywards Miles faster and enjoy benefits.
The two credit cards have the same rewards structure, but different additional travel benefits and fees. Here's the rewards program both cards offer:
- 3 Skywards Miles for every USD 1 spent on emirates.com or at the Emirates Sales office
- 2 Skywards Miles for every USD 1 spent on eligible airfares, hotel stays and car rentals
- 1 Skywards Mile for every USD 1 spent on all other purchases
In addition to ongoing rewards, the Emirates credit cards offer a sign-up bonus to new cardmembers. The Emirates Skywards Rewards allows earning 30,000 bonus Skywards Miles for spending $3,000 on purchases in the first 90 days, while the Emirates Skywards Premium card offers 40,000 bonus Skyward Miles on the same conditions.
Travel benefits and perks also differ. However, such benefits as no miles expiration, 24% savings for buying or gifting miles, and no foreign transaction fees on international purchases are the same for both cards. Here's a breakdown of other benefits by card.
Emirates Skywards Rewards World Elite Mastercard benefits:
- Emirates Skywards Silver tier membership for the first year of card membership. To keep and maintain the Silver status, cardholders will need to spend $20,000 each cardmembership year.
- Complimentary lounge access to Emirate Business Class lounges in Dubai for the primary cardmember
- 25% extra Skywards Miles on Emirates flights
- Free Economy Class seat selection for the primary cardmember
- Priority check in and boarding
Emirates Skywards Premium World Elite Mastercard benefits:
- Emirates Skywards Gold tier membership for the first year of cardmembership. To keep and maintain the Gold status, cardholders will need to spend $40,000 each cardmembership year.
- Anniversary bonus: 10,000 Skywards Miles after spending USD 30,000 each cardmembership year
- Unlimited access to over 1,200 lounges worldwide for cardmember and guest(s) with Priority PassTM Select
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fee credit every five years - up to USD 100
- Complimentary lounge access to Emirate Business Class lounges worldwide for the primary cardmember and a guest
- 50% extra Skywards Miles on Emirates flights
- Free Economy Class seat selection for the primary cardmember and passengers in the same booking
- Priority check in, boarding, and baggage delivery
As most co-branded airline cards, these two cards have annual fees. The Emirates Skywards Rewards has a significantly lower $99 annual fee compared to the Emirates Skywards Premium card's fee, which is $499. The interest rate for both cards is the same: 15.99%, 19.99%, or 24.99% variable APR.