The content is accurate at the time of publication and is subject to change.
Travel is always trending with consumers, and with that in mind American Express Travel is expanding Fine Hotel & Resorts in 2017. The expansion comes with 77 new properties, along with the roll out of a new niche collection for luxury family focused travelers, with properties that provide supervised programs to engage kids. They will also be moving into other locals, including Copenhagen, Cape Cod and Bath, while also adding in hotels located in emerging leisure markets, like Sri Lanka, Ecuador and Mongolia.
This growing of their program is not a new phenomenon. The program which was launched a quarter century ago, has grown by just about 50% during the past five years and 11% this year.
"Every year, we evolve our portfolio of properties based on hotel industry and customer trends and we partner with the best of the best in the industry," says Allison Beer, Vice President, Strategic Partnerships, American Express Travel. "Our lodging programs are comprised of superior hotel options – a roster that's carefully curated with our Card Members in mind. We examine internal data, conduct independent property evaluations and place great emphasis on the direct feedback we receive from Card Members to further enhance these exclusive programs. Based on all those inputs."
Bring it 2017
When 2017 rolls in the Amex program will come along with more than 975 best-in-class properties, with the new offerings including:
• Velaa Private Island-an over-the-water retreat, located in an archipelago in Noonu Atoll. It was built using local materials with the Indian Ocean taking the spot light in this setting.
• Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills – is opening in this coming spring, with its design including oversize private balconies, while giving people access to a guest only rooftop pool deck.
• Ham Yard Hotel is located in Soho close to Piccadilly Circus. It was designed to offer an urban village feel, and includes a tree-filled garden, 12 individual boutiques, and an outdoor restaurant and bar. The hotel also features a bowling alley, drawing room, rooftop garden, and Soholistic Spa.
The Fine Hotel & Resorts program provides cardholders with a wide range of complimentary benefits when booked through Amex travel services.
These benefits include:
• Noon check-in, when available
• Room upgrade when available when arriving
• Complementary breakfast for two
• Free WI-Fi
• Guaranteed late checkout (4 pm)
• A one of a kind amenity valued at $100, which may be a credit for food and beverage or private sedan transfer one way.