The content is accurate at the time of publication and is subject to change.
This content is not provided by Citi. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed here are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the Citi.
The information for the Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard® offer may be out-of-date. The current card details are the following:
- Earn 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® Bonus Miles after spending $5,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
- Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles for every $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases and 1 AAdvantage® mile for every $1 spent on other purchases
- Earn 1 Loyalty Point for every 1 eligible mile earned from purchases
Starting March 14, 2014, travelers with a Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard® will be able to use American Airlines' Admirals Clubs in airports around the world, whether they are in New York, London or Tokyo (Citi is a Credit-Land.com advertising partner).
Cardholders, along with their family, or two traveling partners, will be able to access full membership privileges at 40 Admiral Club locations. These venues offer complimentary snacks, beverages and Wi-Fi. Business travelers can take advantage of a host of services.
Admirals Clubs also provide other extras depending upon where they are located including rooms for conference and/or children, and PCs with internet access. Travelers can also use select airport lounges run by partner airlines.
The American Airlines website provides detailed information about which lounges are included and what amenities can be found at each lounge.
While Admirals Club membership may be a big draw for some people, they can also pick up extra miles when they use their World Elite MasterCard to book travel.
Cardholders earn two miles for each dollar spent when they use their card to make eligible American Airlines purchases.
Other card benefits include:
- Baggage fees are waived for the member and 8 traveling companions for their first bag on a domestic flight
- Priory check-in, airport screening and boarding privileges for all tickets
- 24-hour concierge services
- No foreign transaction fees
Citi at the AA Center
You can expect to see Citi at more sports venues too as part of its partnership with the airline. Citi has become the preferred credit card of American Airlines Center in Texas, along with the sports teams that are based there including the Dallas Mavericks and the NHL Dallas Stars.
This partnership gives cardholders additional benefits. They can buy tickets ahead of time games, as well as getting discounts at the concession stands before the game, and special deals on merchandise. They will also be offered special experiences involving access to the players and coaches, including access to youth clinics, fantasy camps, locker room tours, and photo opportunities.