The content is accurate at the time of publication and is subject to change.
Barclays and Priceline introduced the new Priceline VIP Rewards™ Visa® Card program. The new card gives more ways to earn points and provides automatic Priceline VIP Gold Status, all with no annual fee.
Priceline is one of the major online travel agencies where you can find cheap travel. You can book flights, cruises, rental cars and more - conveniently in one place. Those who often use the service can find their new credit card worthy. Here is a quick overview of the Priceline VIP Rewards Visa Card features:
- Earn 10,000 bonus points if you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days after account opening. The bonus offer is enough for a $100 statement credit. If redeemed through Priceline, those points are worth $150.
- Earn 5X points for every $1 spent on Priceline bookings.
- Earn 2X points on gas and restaurant purchases, including delivery services.
- Earn 1X points on all other purchases.
- No limit on the number of points you can earn.
- Automatically receive Priceline VIP Gold Status unlocking access to deals.
- Up to $100 Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fee credit each anniversary year if you spend $10,000 on purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees on international purchases.
- $0 Fraud Liability protection means you're not responsible for charges you did not authorize.
Additionally, the card comes with a zero introductory period on balance transfers - cardholders will have 0% intro APR for 15 months on balance transfers made within 45 days of account opening. There is a balance transfer fee, which is quite high compared to the industry average - 5% of the amount of each transfer.
The new Priceline VIP Rewards Visa Card does not have any travel insurance benefits that are usually offered with travel rewards cards. Plus, if you book travel through Priceline, you won't be able to enjoy benefits and earn rewards with hotel or rental car loyalty programs. However, if it doesn't matter for you which airline, hotel, or rental car agency you use, the Priceline card gives rewards that can be used toward future travel.