The content is accurate at the time of publication and is subject to change.
Spirit Airlines presented a brand-new loyalty program - Free Spirit® - with Silver and Gold elite status tiers and unveiled new co-branded credit cards.
The new Free Spirit program is revenue-based and has actual elite statuses with great benefits. Members will earn points based on dollars spent on booking, bag, or seat selection. Plus, Spirit now awards elite qualifying points called Status Qualifying Points (SGPs) based on spendings with the airline.
Earned points do not expire as long as members make at least one qualifying transaction (earn or redeem points) every 12 months. Free Spirit members with a Free Spirit credit card will keep their points as long as their credit account is open.
Here are top perks you can get with the Free Spirit Silver Status (earned at 2,000 SQPs):
- Earn 8 points for every dollar spent on fares
- Earn 16 points for dollars spent on extra options
- Get free Shortcut Security and Boarding, same-day standby
- Free seat selection at check-in
- Dedicated Guest Care line
- Create a Points Pool
- No redemption fees
Here are top perks you can get with the Free Spirit Gold Status (earned at 5,000 SQPs):
- Earn 10 points for every dollar spent on fares
- Earn 20 points for every dollar spent on extra options
- Free Flight Flex, first checked and carry-on bag
- Free seat selection at booking (including exit rows)
- Free inflight beverage and snacks
In addition to the revamped loyalty program, Spirit now offers not one, but two credit cards: Free Spirit® Travel Mastercard® with no annual fee and Free Spirit® Travel More Mastercard® with a $79 annual fee starting the second year of cardmembership. Both cards have solid sign-up bonuses, plus anniversary bonuses, earn points on Spirit purchases and other purchases, and offer other benefits. Check out Spirit Airlines' website for more details.