Are you an avid traveler? How would you like to get your next flight, hotel stay, car rental or even Uber ride for free? The Discover it® Miles credit card can do that and a whole lot more.
As a cardholder, you'll earn free travel without restrictions. You won't be tied down to a single airline, hotel or website. Just use the card, earn some miles and redeem for statement credits toward any travel purchase.
Earn a Bonus for Every Purchase
Every time you use the card, you'll earn 1.5x miles per dollar spent. That means every purchase earns a bonus. It's that simple. You don't have to worry about special categories or earning caps.
Use the card, earn miles, and travel for free. There are no blackout dates, preferred vendors or hidden fees.
Double Your Miles
Discover doesn't stop there, either. They've decided to sweeten the deal by matching every mile you earn during your first year as a new cardholder. That can be even better than a sign-up bonus.
For example, if you spend just $1,667 every month, you'll earn a total of $600 in free travel the first year you have the card. That's hard to beat.
No Annual Fee
By the way, the Discover it® Miles card is free for as long as you keep it. There's no annual fee the first year or any other year.
That means that every reward you earn is absolutely free. In other words, this card is pure profit. It won't cost you anything to get free travel.
Keeping the card will never be a burden, so you can hold onto it for years. Obviously you'll want to keep it so you can continue to earn miles, but you'll also be able to lengthen your credit history. And that will boost your credit score.
Discover has more than just rewards to offer cardholders. You'll get 14 months of 0% intro APR on purchases (after that the ongoing APR will be 14.24% - 25.24% Variable). If you're thinking about making a big purchase and you want to finance it for free for over a year, this card is perfect.
You won't be offered an interest-free loan very often, so go ahead and treat yourself to that new television. You deserve it.
With the introduction of free Social Security number alerts and other identity theft protections, Discover became an industry leader in cardholder security. They go above and beyond, checking thousands of risky websites for the illegal use of your Social Security number.
Discover also checks daily to see if any new lines of credit, including credit cards, mortgages and car loans, have been opened in your name. If they find something, they'll notify you immediately.
In addition to these top-notch protections, the issuer also monitors your card account for any unusual or suspicious activity and offers cardholders free FICO credit scores.
And if the unfortunate day comes when your card is stolen, you can use Discover's Freeze it® on/off switch to instantly lock your account. If you've just misplaced your card, you can turn your account back on the instant you find it.
- Every purchase earns a bonus: You'll get 1.5x miles for every dollar you spend.
- Miles matching: At the end of your first year as a new cardholder, Discover will match every mile you've earned. You'll get thousands of bonus miles worth hundreds of dollars in free travel.
- No restrictions on how you redeem your rewards: Just buy the travel you want and redeem miles toward those purchases.
- No blackout dates: If you can buy it, you can redeem miles to pay for it. There are no award charts, limited seats or even preferred vendors to worry about.
- 0% introductory APR on purchases for 14 months: Finance your next big purchase with 0% intro APR on purchases for over a year. After that your go to APR will be 14.24% - 25.24% Variable, based on your creditworthiness.
- No Annual Fee: You'll never pay a penny to hold this card. Keep it forever, earn some miles and build your credit history.
Industry-Leading Security Features
- Social Security number alerts:Discover sends you an alert in case of finding your Social Security number on any of thousands of Dark Web sites. You can activate it for free.
- Daily Experian credit checks:Discover also takes the unusual measure of making daily checks to see if any new lines of credit have been opened in your name. If someone's stealing your identity, you'll know about it.
- Freeze it on/off switch:You can instantly lock your account if your card is stolen or misplaced.
- Card account monitoring:Your Discover card account will be monitored for any unusual or suspicious activity. You'll never be responsible for any unauthorized purchases made on your card.
- U.S.-based customer service:100% of Discover's customer service agents are based in the United States. You'll get the help you need, whenever you need it.